Architectural Recor - 11/2008
International Projects That Push The Boundaries
- Business Week/Architectural Record Awards 2008
- Six projects prove that smart design can help the bottom line.
- Kanagawa Institute of Technology Workshop, Japan
- Junya Ishigami + Associates
- A building transcends architecture's limitations and disappears into thin air.
- Ibere Camargo Museum, Porto Alegre, Brazil
- Alvaro Siza Vieira
- With its flowing ramps, a museum expresses architecture as movement.
- Parque Biblioteca Espana, Colombia
- Giancarlo Mazzanti Arquitectos
- Three monumental, rocklike forms crown a hillside barrio in Medellin.
- Ewha Womans University Campus Center, Korea
- Dominique Perrault Architecture
- A school's new facility is seamlessly integrated into a sloping hillside.
- Building Types Studies
- Introduction: Colleges and Universities
- Yale University Sculpture Building and Gallery, Connecticut
- KieranTimberlake Associates
- Arizona State University ISTB 1, Arizona
- Perkins + Will
- MIT PDSI, Massachusetts
- Architectural Technology
- An Energy-Conserving Technology from Europe Makes Inroads in the U.S.
- American design teams discover the advantages of chilled beams.
- FUEL Cafe
- Elliott + Associates Architects
- Condado Plaza Hotel
- Rockwell Group
- 24 London
- Julian Taylor Design Associates
Click here to buy our digital version.