Architectural Record August 2007
Engineering the New Architecture: Bridges, Tall Buildings & Infrastructure
- Architects and engineers join forces to create memorable crossings..
- The Engineer's moment
- As the Arcitecture profession shifts, engineer's roles expand.
- U.S. Federal Building, California
- A tower shaped by performance objectives and design process.
- Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bankok
- Feats of structural engineering contribute to to exhilarating spaces.
- Lufthansa Aviaton Center, Germany
- Ingenhoven Architects
- A low-energy, high tech structure makes it's mark on a difficult site
- Portland Arial Tram, Oregon
- Agps Arcitecture
- Soaring to new dynamic heightswith an act of engineering bravado
- Building Types Study
- Introduction: Tall Buildings
- 7 World Trade Center, New York City
- Skidmore, Owings & Merrill
- Sports City Tower, Qatar
- AREP, with Hadi Simaan
- Montevideo tower, the Netherlands
- Mecanoo Arcitecten
- Arcitectural Technology
- Mirical on (and Under) Second Avenue
- Collaboration is key for New York City's new subway line
- Wu Jiao Plaza
- Zhong Song Design Consultancy
- Langeais Suspension Bridge
- Neo Light
Download: English | 139 pages (no adv) | PDF | 43,3 MB