Architectural Record September 2003
Interiors: Design Outside the Box
- SCalatrava joins WTC team
- Wright's plans for Bagdad explored
- Set Pieces
- Theater, opera and dance may not be built to last, but architects are designing them to be astonishing and memorable
- Record Interiors: Introduction
- Shoebaloo, the Netherlands
- Bohen Foundation, New york City
- Restaurante Les Cols, Spain
- Carlos Miele Flagship Store, New York City
- Duane Street Loft, New York City
- COop Editorial, Santa Monica, California
- - Meyer en van Schooten
- A 19th-century building gets a luminously futuristic shoe shop
- - LOT/EK
- Retrofitted shipping containers make for a reinvented are gallery.
- - RCR Arquitectos
- Steel is the key ingredient in a daringly design restaurant.
- Sculptural forms meet Brazilian culture in a New York City shop.
- - Marpillero Pollak Architects
- A loft goes from dark and narrow to open and filled with light.
- - Pugh + Scarpa
- A video-editing house gets rooms as freestanding objects
- At long last, hospitals are going high-tech
- Digital Architect
- - Innovations are changing how health care is delivered--and how hospital are designed
- - WESKetch Architecture
- Digital products
Download: PDF, 152 pages (adv min), 61,5Mb