Architectural Record April 2009
Record Houses 2009: Blurring the Boundaries
- Retreats in the Landscape
- Three small-scale dwellings offer previous breathing room.
- Record Houses 2009
- Villa 1, the Netherlands
- Powerhouse Company
- A travertine-and-glass jewel box molds to the terrain.
- Vienna Way Residence, California
- Marmol Radziner + Associates
- Epitomizing L.A.'s graceful indoor-outdoor living tradition.
- House for a Photographer II, Spain
- Carlos Ferrater, with Carlos Escura
- A coastal retreat marries Modern and vernacular vocabularies.
- Dutchess County Guest House, New York
- Allied Works Architecture
- A diminutive abode slips quietly into its forested setting.
- Brick-Weave House, Illinois
- Studio Gang
- A former stable is reinvented for modern Chicago living.
- Upstate New York House, New York
- Thomas Phifer and Partners
- Choreographing a design that engages its sublime natural surroundings.
- N House, Japan
- Sou Fujimoto Architects
- Putting a new spin on notions of inside and out, solid and void.
- YTL Residence, Malaysia
- Agence Jouin Manku
- The exotic and organic merge in a multigenerational family estate.
- Tall Buildings Push Limits by Stepping Up, Not Back
- owers defy convention and gravity by getting bigger as they get taller.
- Architectural Technology
Download: PDF | 122 pages (min adv) | 39,4 Mb
Download: PDF | 165 pages (full) | 57.59 Mb