Architectural Record March 2009
Surviving the Recession: The Strategy Issue
- The Recession Report
- The Architect's Survival Guide
- Tips for how unemployed architects can stay in the profession.
- Firms Adapt to Tough Times
- Owners use a variety of tactics to keep their firms afloat.
- How Bad Is It?
- An economist offers a detailed look at market conditions in the U.S.
- Tapping Into the Stimulus Package
- Strategies that can help architects land a government contract.
- Architects Hurting Around the World
- Reports from eight countries, from China to Brazil
- The Silver Lining Is?
- Why past recessions give us hope for an eventual recovery.
- Petter Dass Museum, Norway
- Slipping an ode to a poet into a cleft granite ridge.
- POPS, Oklahoma
- Elliott + Associates Architects
- A gas station pit stop offers Route 66 nostalgia with a contemporary twist.
- BIP Computer Building, Chile
- Mozo & Pontavice Studio Flexibility is the key ingredient for a retail and office building.
- Raymond and Susan Brochstein Pavilion, Texas
- Thomas Phifer and Partners
- A campus café treads lightly amid Rice University?s masonry edifices.
- Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
- Polshek Partnership Architects
- Architectural Research and Design
- Architectural Technology
- Not-So-Pedestrian Footbridges
- Signature spans go beyond connection Point A to Point B.
- Rottet Studio
- Huntsman Architectural Group
- Blank Studioul
Download: PDF | 106 pages (min adv) | 33,4 Mb